Welcome to AIT Global, an educational society that furthers the global use of Information & Communications Technologies for Sustainable Development (ICT4D) with the United Nations. AIT Global-UN events bring together cutting edge talent from the private, public, education, and media to channel ideas and provide conduits for discussions and joint problem solving.
AIT was founded in 1986 with the State University of New York at Farmingdale (SUNY). In 1987 officials from the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) attended some AIT-SUNY Events. Impressed with the quality of AIT-SUNY educational conferences, UNITAR requested AIT to co-organize educational ICT4D events with them for the UN Community. The goal was for UNITAR to collaborate with AIT to organize joint educational events, so the UN Community and Business Sector could get to better know and understand one anothers viewpoints, and address UN Community concerns with Business Sector solutions.
Since then, AIT has proudly co-organized over 130 major ICT4D Conferences, Breakfasts and Luncheons with the UN, plus additional events with US Government Departments, major universities, leading educational IT industry associations, and key IT trade media publications.
AIT’s largest event supported the UN’s 10,000-person Economic and Social Council Meeting (ECOSOC), titled: Harnessing ICT for Sustainable Development. This Meeting helped jump-start the UN’s Global ICT4D Initiatives.
Typical AIT-UN Events —
* Conferences attract 300-600+ attendees
* Breakfasts & Luncheons include 35-150 attendees
* Attendees are generally titled Director or above – Decision Makers from large organizations
* The UN invites top-level officials from its Global Network
* AIT, and its supporting IT Industry Associations and Media, invites business and government executive constituents
* AIT-UN programs are consistently awarded the highest grades by attendees